The Bell Street Mall is located on Bell Street in West Heidelberg. It was Melbourne’s first Mall and still retains an authentic 1950’s feel.
At the entrance of the Mall, shoppers are greeted by the Mall Sculpture, showing a family of three. The Mall includes 80 businesses and public areas for patrons to sit and rest during their stay. Stores include food stores, clothing stores, supermarkets and various specialist stores catering to the local Somali community. Across Oriel Road in the newer development are Aldi and other stores.
If shoppers look above the Mall on Bell Street, they will see a vintage neon sign signifying the time the Mall was originally built around 1956. This sign has been recently restored to light up at night and forms the basis of the Bell Street Mall Logo.